Swedish or Canadian?



The message from this 1973 commercial was embedded in my brain when I was a kid - something about it inspired a sort of Nationalistic shame/pride - sort of the way Canada is embarrassingly lagging when it comes to Climate Change - in Copenhagen no less (not Sweden, but close enough). I remember thinking, I don't want to lose this battle.

When I think of how we measure up as a Nation when it comes to fitness, I think we might want to hold a place for some nostalgic memory, and perhaps get back in the fight to stay in good physical health.

Rather than walking for purely recreational pursuits, build a little walk into your life for daily trips - it really is the best way to get exercise, and the recreation is there once you leave the shelter of your car.

Challenge yourself to try a little harder, go a bit further, and get a little more Particpaction!

Comments